Friday, August 15, 2008

Post-Convention Depression

I love the NGH Convention! I always return with renewed enthusiasm and respect for my profession, and some great new ideas to better serve my clients and students.

Regarding Hypnotic Rejuvenation (AKA, the Hypnotic Fountain of Youth), I am going to include more topical comments about life in the 80's. I suspect that 90% of my audience did not have a clue that I was dressed for the 80's. If my hair had been more fluffy, I think it would have been obvious! But, I will have to mention specifically that I am immersing myself in the 80's to facilitate my own rejuvenation, like one of the studies I mention. Nevertheless, it was energizing to wear that teal jacket with the humongous shoulder pads and all that makeup!

The airport van picked me up early, Sunday at noon. So that gave me more time to unwind at the airport. My plane was only delayed 2 hours this time. But I think I now know where road rage originated. At the airport! Anyway, I know it can't be jet-lag, since I live in the same time zone, but I feel a little bit depressed. It must be post-convention depression. I saw some great presenters and I just love the exciting environment and learning new things and especially seeing old friends.

See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment