Friday, August 22, 2008

NGH Convention Recap

I would like to write about the convention while it is still fresh in my mind. I always meet some really interesting people from all over the world. I used to go to a seminar every hour on the hour and they start at 7am and go until 11pm Friday and Saturday, 4pm on Sunday. Actually, I’ve never seen too many on Sunday. I guess I was always too exhausted to continue for a third day in a row!

But now, after 11 years of conventions, I am more selective about who I will sit down and listen to. There are so many great speakers! I saw Sophia Kramer, who may be able to do a comedy routine after her performance of Teach your Buttterflies to Fly. What a great title for overcoming stage fright! I got to hear Dick Sutphen, who is awesome, and Chuck Mignosa, who has been a speaker for NGH for a long time. His presentations are consistently informative and entertaining. Although he says he has an objective, scientific background, I guess he worked with Ormond McGill long enough to develop his metaphysical side. I went to his workshop entitled Molecular Hypnotism. He warned us in the beginning that it might seem a little Woo-woo. It was! Imagine using visualization to repair your DNA! And yet after a pretty interesting ride, we all landed back with our feet on the ground, and intact DNA.

I also got to see a few speakers I never saw before and had two pleasant surprises. I went to a workshop called the Power of Rejuvenation (since mine was called Hypnotic Rejuvenation), and saw Angelina Ahumada, a delightful person, who is a psychologist in Mexico. Her presentation was so relaxing and encouraging. She demonstrated techniques to rejuvenate your spirit. Mine was completely different, because I had only an hour and spent the first 30 minutes talking about physical and behavioral signs of aging. I barely got through the body modality and into the mind and spirit. So Angelina and I spoke after my presentation. We may do a workshop together next year. I will focus on the physical rejuvenation and she on the metaphysical. Watch for that one!

I also got to learn 31 ways to make $100K, with Keith MacLean. Coincidently, I think there were 31 hypnotists who attended that one. This guy combines lots of content with the opportunity to capitalize on the experience of others within the group. I got to Capitalize my convention experience by seeing 2 of his 3 seminars!

So I have to say there is plenty there to nourish your body, mind, and spirit, and even your financial well-being. I just love the convention. When is the next one??!

Oh, if you want to read about my presentation, please see: http://theunwindingpath.com/transhypno/2008/08/19/a-few-thoughts-from-michael-about-the-ngh-conference/

No comments:

Post a Comment