Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hypnotized by the World of Fluctuating Form

"Hypnotized by the world of fluctuating form." That's what most people are, according to Eckhart Tolle in his audiobook, A New Earth.

I have listened to it before, but it is packed with so many profound statements, I could listen to it several more times before I could possibly absorb and implement 10% of it.

I also learned today the 3 necessary ingredients for enlightenment:
1. Non-resistance--acceptance of what is.
2. Non-judgment--acceptance without judging something or labeling it "good" or "bad"
3. Non-attachment--accepting the impermanence of things

So much of what he says just leaves me speechless. I feel so inadequate to describe all the gems in this book. I guess you will just have to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment