Friday, June 15, 2012

I Am Toastmaster

A really interesting icebreaker speech can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpDtvumzbV0

I like the way the speech was constructed, the pictures and video in the background are really good visual aids, and the speaker is very enthusiastic. The speech is however, too short. The icebreaker speech should be at least 4 minutes long. That's my evaluation for Katerina Moutsatsos.

The Icebreaker speech is the first speech in the Competant Communicator Manual for Toastmasters International. That means in the very first speech each member will make. Many members will use it as their first speech when they join a new club. Katerina is an actress, so she's not exactly a beginner at delivering spreeches.

I have just joined BagelTalk in Clearwater. I will be running for the position of VP of Public Relations. I hope to use this blog for our bimonthly newsletter if I am elected!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment