Friday, November 28, 2008

November Verbal Impact

Here it is as promised (the tragic, profound, tearjerker article about gratitude and thanksgiving), but I didn't write it.

> > In Matthew 25: 35-40, Jesus is speaking and He is speaking directly to you: "'For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.'
Then the righteous will answer him, `Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? And when was it we saw you as a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? And when was it we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?' And the king will answer them, `Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.’”

I've been hearing a lot of variations of the above story lately, so I thought I would share the original with you.
(You may have read it before, but when I just read it again, really read it, it brought tears to my eyes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment